- FAFSA Completion
- Policy & Advocacy
- Events & Training
|Work at NCAN|
Thank you for your interest in working at NCAN. The following positions are currently open; qualified interested candidates please apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Analyze and track federal and state legislation
· Build advocacy capacity of NCAN member programs through professional development, convenings and issue education
· Support relationships with coalitions and policymakers
· Manage relationships and administrative work with recipients of direct advocacy assistance from NCAN
· Contribute to policy and advocacy communications through quarterly webpage management and weekly blog writing
· Report related key performance indicators and success metrics monthly
· Represent NCAN at convenings and events as needed
· Partner with outside vendors and consultants as needed
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, JOB KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The manager must be a team player who can work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Strong writing skills with an understanding of writing for an organizational voice is highly preferred. Grassroots advocacy experience or higher education policy experience is a plus.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) is required. Experience with social media or web content management systems is a plus. Periodic travel required; must have a valid in-state driver’s license for local travel.
COMPENSATION and TIMELINE
This position is full-time and includes NCAN’s generous benefits package. Preferred start date of September 3, 2019. Salary range of $70,000 - $80,000 depending on experience. Manager must work from the NCAN headquarters in Washington, DC.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (max. 1000 words) to: