We know that your organization’s professional development dollars are precious and need to be used wisely. That’s why we think using them to attend the 2019 NCAN national conference, Racing Toward Postsecondary Success, is a wise investment. This year’s conference will take place September 16-18 in Indianapolis.
The conference attracts 1,200 individuals from around the country who help more underrepresented students enter and complete postsecondary education, including:
- National, state, regional, and local nonprofits
- Colleges and universities
- K-12 public and charter schools
- Local, state, and federal government agencies
- Foundation and corporate funders
Topics addressed at this conference will help attendees stay up to date on issues that will help them serve their students and communities more effectively. These topics include:
- Postsecondary access and completion strategies for low-income students and students of color
- Financial aid and college affordability
- Cross-sector collaboration to increase postsecondary attainment rates and employment
- Relevant local, state, federal policy and advocacy
- Social and emotional competencies
- Achieving equity for historically underserved students
- Career readiness
- Partnerships with school districts
- Strategic giving for community foundations, and
- The value of the full range of postsecondary credentials, up to and including the bachelor’s degree.
The NCAN conference is an opportunity to learn from the best in the field. Attendees will also choose from more than 80 workshop sessions presented by veteran postsecondary access and success professionals from around the country and selected through a competitive national call for proposals.
The conference registration fee of $625 for NCAN Members and $725 for non-members covers attendance at all sessions and networking events, lunch on Monday and Tuesday, breakfast on Tuesday and Wednesday, and a light reception on Monday evening. Click here for more detailed information on registration fees – you can also register for the event on that page. The conference will take place at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown and the room rate is $208/night. Click here for information on how to reserve your room.
We hope you agree that attending the NCAN conference is a good investment. We look forward to seeing you in Indianapolis in September.