NCAN provides member organizations with professional development, networking, benchmarking, tools, and news from the field so they can deliver postsecondary access and success services more effectively and to more students.
By joining NCAN, organizations and individuals can enjoy numerous member benefits, including:
- Monthly webinars feature important updates and highlight best practices from experienced NCAN members. Members may propose their own periodic webinars co-sponsored by NCAN. Past topics include:
- FAFSA & Federal Program Updates
- Free College and Career Planning with ACT Profile
- Student Information System Review: College Forward’s CoPilot
- Khan Academy: What’s it all about and how can I use it to help my students?
- Discounted pricing and group pricing at NCAN's national conference and regional events makes professional development more affordable. More than 1,000 individuals participate in the national conference.
- Free access to on-demand professional development on popular topics through NCAN's new e-learning platform, Fundamentals for College Access & Success Professionals (up to 100 employees per member organization).
- Live member chats allow members from around the country to share information quickly and easily throughout the year. These opportunities to share with and learn from experts and peers in the college access and success field include Advisor Chats and Executive Chats.
Communication and Education
- Success Digest, a members-only weekly email, distills the week's most important news for you into a quick five-minute read. It's perfect to keep staff and board members up to date in this world of overflowing inboxes. Make sure to send us your current staff list so everyone in your organizations receives this valuable resource!
- Our blog features NCAN staff sharing their perspective on current college access and success "hot topics."
- NCAN publications support network growth and development.
- Practitioner tools: Members learn from our online content supporting FAFSA Completion, Policy & Advocacy, and more.
- NCAN's Benchmarking Project: Member organizations can participate in NCAN's Benchmarking Project and help to demonstrate the impact that college access and success organizations have on students' enrollment and completion outcomes.
- NCAN speaks out in Washington, D.C. for low-income students for policies to protect and improve financial aid, promote public-private partnerships for college access and success, and increase information available to students about their postsecondary choices.
- We keep members informed about opportunities to educate their Congressional representatives on these vital policy issues and provide an action center to help members with their advocacy efforts.
- Members can participate in NCAN's Rapid Response Policy Team or use information for local advocacy purposes.
- NCAN has teamed with Degrees of Change and their FoYoSt College Enrollment Visualizer to offer a discount to first-time users. FoYoSt allows users to upload their National Student Clearinghouse StudentTracker detail file to be converted into student- and program-level dashboards. Programs can use this visualizer to sort through their students’ postsecondary outcomes both individually and in the aggregate, making analysis quicker and easier. First-time FoYoSt users will receive an 18-month subscription for $500. This represents a savings of $250 compared to the usual 12-month subscription!
- Through a collaborative agreement with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), NCAN members can receive StudentTrackerSM services at a discount. This agreement is best suited for programs submitting over 20,000 students annually and programs who are not eligible for the NSC’s Student Tracker for Outreach service. Members who are eligible for the Student Tracker for Outreach service are encouraged to use it for its relative cost-effectiveness. NCAN encourages all programs to examine their students postsecondary enrollment and completion outcomes regularly, regardless of the specific Student Tracker plan employed.
- The enterprise text messaging platform Signal Vine waives the one-time setup fees for NCAN members that sign a one-year contract (for a savings of $4,500 to $6,000). Learn more about discounted texting campaigns with Signal Vine.
- A Summer Melt Texting Campaign with Signal Vine helps members support their students' transition from high school to college
- Members get preference for competitive national conference workshop session proposals.
- NCAN shares member news, events, job postings, and hiring announcements in our electronic communications.
- Member Twitter handles are included on the NCAN Members list.
- Members are eligible to receive NCAN's annual Awards of Excellence, and receive a "Member of" logo to display online or print.