Top 10 Reasons to Register for the NCAN Conference
Monday, August 19, 2019
Posted by: Sara Melnick, Deputy Director
In case you needed any reminders about why you should register for the NCAN conference (Sept. 16-18 in Indianapolis), here goes:
- The NCAN conference is an opportunity to learn from the best in the college access and success field, so attending is a wise use of your professional development dollars.
- You'll hear motivating and knowledgeable plenary speakers from a variety of sectors.
- You can choose from nearly 100 presentations given by expert practitioners in the field to help you enhance your work with students.
- You'll learn about relevant topics such as social and emotional learning; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and connecting college and career success.
- You can take advantage of networking opportunities such as the Success Gallery and Learning Community sessions, which will offer many chances for peer learning and exchange.
- You can attend a screening of the film "Unlikely" that will inspire and affirm the work you're doing with students.
- You can visit with conference exhibitors to see how you may enhance your program and thank our conference sponsors who support the work of our field.
- You'll be able to take advantage of the great host city of Indianapolis to complement the learnings you'll gain at the conference.
- You can meet the NCAN staff in person!
- It's tradition! If you've attended before, this is a chance to reconnect with old colleagues and friends. If you've never attended, come make some new and valuable connections.